Colossians 1:24–29 “Anchored To The Mission”
24 Now I rejoice in my SUFFERINGS for you, and I am completing in my flesh what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for his body, that is, the church.
The Attitude of Ministry
- Suffering brings Good to the People of God
- Suffering brings Good to the Person of God
- Suffering Unifies The Person of God to Christ
25 I have become its SERVANT, according to God’s commission that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known,
26 the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints.
27 God wanted to make known among the Gentiles the glorious wealth of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
The Calling of Ministry
- The Servant Of God Is Called To Make The Word Of God Known.
- The Servant Of God Makes The Word Of God Fully Known.
- The Servant Of God Shares The Mystery Of God.
28 We PROCLAIM him, WARNING and TEACHING everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone mature in Christ.
29 I labor for this, striving with his strength that works powerfully in me.
The Purpose of Ministry
- The Christian Proclaims Christ
- The Christian Warns Everyone
- The Christian Teaches Everyone